School is out and many of us are on vacation. People in business are doing the basics. Families gather and we look to do things for each other. I challenge everyone to keep this giving spirit all through 2011.
I was a single mom for several years with three children. We loved getting together with friends and family. January and February seemed kind of a let down after the holidays. What do you look forward to? There are special people and others who need assistance all 12 months of the year. When we can do something for other people, then we make a difference and when that person does something for someone else it spreads.
Celebrate 2011 in new ways.
- Volunteer some of your time to a cause that you believe in.
- Walk for a cause.
- Write an article in your local paper or send a letter to the editor in support of an important cause.
- Use some of the profits from your own writing as a fund raiser for your cause.
- Write stories and books that raise awareness of social issues.
- Get together with friends or neighbors and adopt a nursing home or assisted living facility.
- What kinds of things can you think of? I’d love you to share them here.